- Approx 500g pork mince (or any lower fat alternative to beef)
- 60g of basmati rice per person4
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 80g frozen/tinned sweetcorn
- 80g frozen peas
- 1/2 bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 400g tin of 5 bean salad
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cumin (double if making for children)
- 1 red chilli, chopped (leave out if making for children)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Prepare the night before you are planning to eat this for best results if slow cooking.
- Put all ingredients apart from the rice into the slow cooker, turn to low and leave to cook overnight.
- If you are cooking in a saucepan, put all ingredients into the pan, bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you are slow cooking and haven't pre-fried & drained your mince, you will need to break it up part way through cooking so you don't end up with once large chunk of mince. You will also need to stir it occasionally.
- Add the rice to a separate pan of boiling water and boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve the chilli over the rice and season to taste.