As you may have read in Operation: Rehydration, I was recently diagnosed with dehydrated eyes and started to up my fluids. Part of the issue apparently is a general lack on omega 3 in the western diet and therefore a lack of moisturizing oils in the eyes. I've therefore been trying to add more oily fish into my diet and came across this yummy recipe for a marinated grilled tuna.
The sharpness of the soy and lemon blends beautifully with the sweetness of the carrot and sweet potato for an awesome taste sensation! It's really filling, super low in fat, high in all the good stuff, and best of all its really easy to make.
Soy, Lemon and Garlic Tuna
Serves 2, approx 432kcal per serving.
- 2 x 7oz tuna steaks (approx)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g sweet potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 courgette
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees c and also preheat a grill or griddle pan.
2. Mix the soy sauce, Lemon and Garlic together in a jug or bowl and spoon onto the tuna. Leave to marinate until ready to cook.
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper (alternatively you can use oil but please add the extra calories for this). Peel the sweet potato, chop into wedges and spread on to the baking tray. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
4. Peel and grate the carrot, grate the courgette and mix together.
5. Remove the tuna from the marinade and grill for 5 mins each side (for medium).
6. Add all remaining marinade to a pan and bring to the boil. Leave on a medium high boil until the mixture reduces.
7. Serve the tuna on top of the carrot & courgette with the sweet potato on the side and spoon sauce over the top. Season to taste.