Spicy Prawn Pasta
- 120g penne pasta cooked to packet instructions
- Approx. 300g frozen prawns
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp of cold water
- Prepare the slurry by mixing equal parts of the ingredients together in a dish, set aside for now.
- Start the pasta cooking as per packet instructions.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except for the lemon juice to a heated frying pan. As the prawns defrost, the protective ice glaze they're stored in will melt to start forming the sauce. Bring to the boil.
- When the sauce is boiling, give the slurry a good stir as the contents can separate and add to the sauce. It has to be added when boiling or it won't have any effect. Give it a good stir and mix in.
- Leave to simmer until pasta is ready. Add the lemon juice just before serving.
- Serve with a side salad.