Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- 120g dried spaghetti, prepared as per packet instructions.
- 1 tin tuna in brine, drained
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp capers
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. tomato ketchup (optional)
- 1 tin anchovy fillets in oil, not drained
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Start the spaghetti cooking as per the packet instructions.
- Add to a high sided frying pan the anchovies including the oil, the chilli, garlic and capers. Fry until the anchovies start to break up.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the lemon juice, and bring to the boil.
- Allow to simmer until the spaghetti is cooked.
- Add the lemon juice just before serving.